Login Or Register
Posts in Threads | Members

Top Five Essay Writing Websites Rated by Members

How to write a comparative literature essay and how to avoid the pitfalls?

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
How to write a comparative literature essay and how to avoid the pitfalls?
I am a final year graduate student and yesterday I got an assignment to write a world literature essay and I have chosen to prepare a comparative literature essay. This is my first time attending a literature essay and I have to submit my assignment within a week. I found comparative essay is much rich and interdisciplinary field and I am sure it will help me to study literature well. So help me to prepare a good comparative literature essay and explain the pitfalls that I need to avoid.
RE: How to write a comparative literature essay and how to avoid the pitfalls?
Writing a comparative literature essay includes detailed analysis of the text that you are discussing. For developing high degree of interpretation you need a close, critical and careful reading practice. This will help to bring out difference and similarities between the texts in order to establish your awareness of the patterns, forms and ideological purpose of language. Write your essay in an analytical manner by structuring around your primary argument and assume that your reader is familiar with the text. So summarization is not needed. You can repeat your thesis statement in the conclusion paragraph. Hope these tips will help you.
Comparative literature helps to study literature beyond the range of any particular culture, language or periods. This helps to explore literature in association with other fields of creative and cultural production. One of the major drawback is this may cause for focusing on any particular section that will neglect the basics of essay writing .While writing the literature essay , put your attention on the argument development between paragraphs. Try to structure the essay in a way that each of the paragraph forms a step forward in your argument and build on the point made in the one previous to it.
I will suggest some useful tips for the preparation of comparative essay. Try to think for yourself and develop your own particular basic voice. Introduction part is most difficult to compose.Introduction should be capable to grab the attention of reader and should provide a clear outline of essay. Be aware of the perspectives of different critics, and avoid receiving their contentions or interpretations. You should devote yourself in developing the arguments. Main thesis can be recapitulated in the conclusion part, but at the same time conclusion section should not introduce new concepts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Replies: Views: Thread: Author Last Post
2 372   Please tell me a solution to complete world literature essay Stephen M. Perry 07-02-2016 04:36 PM
Last Post: Marla K. Williams
2 314   World Literature Essay Topics and Ideas Jacqueline D. Olea 05-09-2016 04:20 PM
Last Post: Eva A. Potts
2 295   Structure of World Literature Essay Amanda R. Bridges 04-25-2016 04:04 PM
Last Post: Ronald M. Cooper
2 431   Can you give an extended World Literature essay sample? Charles Bridges 02-03-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: Mark Fuentes
2 354   I need assist with my essay discussion, it’s about World Literature? Larry Oliverio 01-15-2016 04:10 PM
Last Post: John Guertin
2 302   What is the construction of World Literature Essays? Twyla A. Thompson 01-08-2016 12:18 PM
Last Post: Donald B. Garcia
2 348   Please give me some tips to write an essay on world literature Anthony D. Kimbrel 12-03-2015 04:38 PM
Last Post: Marvin A. Pitts
2 353   How to create my assignment on world literature essay? Mark Sanchez 12-03-2015 04:10 PM
Last Post: Wesley Fisher
2 347   Need help on literature essay Renee T. Delgado 12-02-2015 05:04 PM
Last Post: Maria A. Gallaher
4 629   What about giving some Literature essay writing techniques ? jamesfrederick 11-12-2015 01:22 PM
Last Post: BradleyOlson